SKANDA provides a wide range of services in the area of recombinant DNA technology, strain engineering and gene expression analysis.
Gene Expression Analysis
Expression of a targeted gene at the transcriptional and translational levels in a host system is important in studying the functional gene. Scientists at routinely carry out the following gene expression analysis:
- Real Time PCR
- Western blotting
- Flow Cytometry
- Mass spectrometry
- RNA sequencing
- Automated DNA sequencer- ABI 3730 XL, ABI 3130XL
- Thermal Cyclers
- Real-Time PCR instruments (Biorad & ABI)
- Pulsed field electrophoresis
- Gel Documentation Systems
- Nano Drop Spectrophotometer
- Bench Top Fermenters
- Biosafety Cabinets- BSL I & II
- Incubators and Incubator Shakers
- Gene expression studies by PCR, RT-PCR and qPCR methods.
- DNA cloning, DNA sequencing, gene expression and western blotting services.
- Cancer gene expression study Caspase3, Caspase8, Caspase9 BCL2, Bax, Brac 1, Brac 2, HSP90 and HSP27.
- RAPD, Next generation sequencing, transfection
- Native PAGE, SDS, PAGE, 2D electrophoresis, Protein expression
- Transfection of clones in mammalian cell lines CHO-K1, HEK 293, 3T3, MCF7 etc.
- Clonal selection, amplification, analysis of expression by various Biochemicals and functional methods.
- 16s and 18s rRNA sequencing and phylogenic analysis.
Antibody Production & Purification
Skanda is the preferred antibody production who leverages our scientific expertise and flexibility for high quality. Skanda tailored experienced scientists offer small and large scale monoclonal and polyclonal antibody production and purification. We also offer hybridoma generation and screening services.
- Polyclonal antibodies production – New Zealand White Rabbit standard or custom requirement
- Variety of antigens (bacterial, fusion proteins & peptides)
- Immunization of mice/rat
- Conjugation for immunization
- Animal care & handling
- Hybridoma generation and screening by ELISA and Biacore
- Screening for biological (neutralization, internalization etc.)
- Titer determination, Sub cloning and isotyping of selected clones
- Purification and analysis of monoclonal antibodies
- Cryopreservation of cell lines
- Transient transfections (in HEK293) and/ or stable cell line generation (in CHO-based expression systems)
- Cloning of antibody genes from hybridoma and generation of high-expressing plasmid constructs
- Production from small scale to large scale cultures
- Purification of antibodies, Cell banking and quality control